Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health programs, education, research, and livelihoods initiatives in Nigeria. USAID funded Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
- SENIOR TECHNICAL OFFICER – MONITORING & EVALUATION, RESEARCH & LEARNING: The Senior Technical Officer – M&E, Research and Learning (MERL) is responsible for the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies for the state office, ensuring that the quality of program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation in the sites is of international standard and quality by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality. S/he will provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the design and implementation of the program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation components of the activities in the communities served, build capacity of local partners in project monitoring and with program staff and local partners, use program/project monitoring data to modify existing programs and design new programs and provide technical support in evaluation research (including sampling strategies, analysis and presentation of data) to the local research groups. Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams, document lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, according to USAID and PEPFAR guidelines. Also, S/he will represent AHNI and make presentations at professional meetings and conferences related to Monitoring and Evaluation research, remain informed on current issues regarding Monitoring and Evaluation of programs in the HIV/AIDS/STI fields by review of current literature, be alert to any implication of such research for project and program activities and help ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality of all Global Health program interventions. Assist in the development and maintenance of the computerized data capture of program activities and provides technical assistance and training to the staff at the state office responsible for data entry and management and provide technical assistance to M&E officers of NACA/NASCP, SACA/SASCP, NTBLCP/STBLCP and NMCP/SMCP in integrating AHNI data into the national HMIS.
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Or BS/BA in statistics, pharmacy, microbiology, monitoring and evaluation or in relevant degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Method of application: Interested and qualified Candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org
Vacancy closes: Thursday 30th June 2022
Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the JOB TITLE and LOCATION clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview