Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI 360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR-MONITORING & EVALUATION: The STA-M&E is responsible for the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation for the AHNi GC7 project. S/he will work with other senior staff at the HQ office to provide oversight role over sub-recipients to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs and requirements.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to the assigned zonal offices and field level M&E program, vide overall guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation and on Global Fund and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
- Provide oversight technical support to the designated zones including interacting with zonal M&E lead, Program Managers, Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that locally employed Monitoring and Evaluation staff, consultants and AHNI partners understand and can support these requirements.
- Manage the Global Fund M&E reporting cycle to ensure high quality and complete datasets are sent on a periodic basis, or when required.
- Work with local partners to develop their project monitoring and evaluation plans and support the correct implementation and use of routine data collection tools.
- Conduct monthly routine monitoring visits to project sites and provide supportive supervision.
- On a monthly basis, ensure that high quality analyzed facility-level data is disseminated to relevant staff at facilities and decision-makers. Ensure that data is used to highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with facility management and other departments in addressing these gaps.
- Coordinate regular data quality assessments, undertaken in a participatory manner, with facility staff and ensure the completeness, consistency and validity of routine data.
- Provide the strategic guidance, vision, and management for successful monitoring and evaluation of project.
- Work closely with subsequent key personnel and supervises M&E staff and ensures the strategic and functional integration of all M&E activities as well as active collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts.
- S/he oversees M&E activities, provides technical direction and support and ensures results for project activities.
- Develops and directly contributes to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to improve ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress.
- Develops and supports the design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluations, surveys and other components of the program’s M&E system.
- Provides M&E technical advice to programs, projects, including staffing and resource allocation to M&E.
- Develops high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Provide technical support in evaluation research (including sampling strategies, analysis and presentation of data) to the local research groups
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams.
- Document lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, according to donors’ guidelines.
- Represent AHNI and makes presentations at professional meetings and conferences related to Monitoring and Evaluation research.
- Remain informed of current issues regarding Monitoring and Evaluation of programs in the HIV/AIDS/STI fields by review of current literature; is alert to any implication of such research for project and program activities.
- Help ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality of all Global Health program interventions.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the computerized data capture of program activities and provides technical assistance and training to the staff at the AHNi office responsible for data entry and management.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives
- Knowledge of health, reproductive health or HIV/AIDS/STI/TB programming in developing countries
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication
- Well-developed computer skills
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Minimum Recruitment Standard:
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives
- Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives
- BS/BA in statistics, pharmacy, microbiology, monitoring and evaluation or in relevant degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Method of application: Interested and Qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org
Vacancy closes: Friday February 02, 2024
Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview