Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI 360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
GENERAL TECHNICAL OFFICER – EDUCATION: will be responsible for supporting development and distribution of teaching and learning materials in the state; providing technical assistance for teacher trainings in the state; supporting government capacity building; and other activities as required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting school visits for quality assurance purposes,
- Supporting the design and development of teacher guides, pupil books, posters, and other materials to support literacy and math instruction,
- Development may include field testing of materials, supporting the design and development of formative and summative assessments for literacy and mathematics,
- Supporting timely materials procurement and distribution, in conjunction staff and government partners,
- Providing technical assistance for teacher trainings,
- Liaising with SSOs and support SSO networks (e.g., WhatsApp groups) to strengthen school coaching activities; shadow and mentor SSOs as needed,
- Supporting government partners to strengthen education in the state, including through in-service and pre-service training; community mobilization activities; SBMC support; and other activities.
- Contribute to the development of teacher training manuals.
- Support qualitative interviews with Teachers and Head Teachers.
- Contribute to regular reporting on activities.
- Collaborate with the broader project team and liaise closely with state-based and Abuja-based technical leadership.
Minimum Recruitment Standard:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its international equivalent in Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences, International Development, Human Development or Related Field with 5-7 years relevant experience,
- Or master’s degree or its international equivalent in Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field, and 3-5 years relevant experience,
- Or 2-4 years’ experience with education programs,
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff,
- Prior team lead experience preferred. Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization is an advantage,
- International or Domestic (US) Program Development or Program management preferred,
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Method of application: Interested and qualified Candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-ProgMgtJobs@ahnigeria.org
Vacancy closes: Thursday, 17th August 2023
Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the JOB TITLE and LOCATION clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.