Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health programs, education, research, and livelihoods initiatives in Nigeria. USAID funded Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) with focus on the BAY (Borno, Adamawa,Yobe) states is seeking qualified candidates for the following position.
DIRECTOR – MONITORING, EVALUATION & LEARNING
Basic Function: The Director – Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts. S/he will lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement. S/he will guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt. S/he will support all the technical staff in M&E functions and will manage any M&E related staff in the program.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise the design and development of program specific Performance Monitoring Plans.
- In collaboration with the DCOP/Technical Director, oversee the programs collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) process, ensuring the CLA approach is applied with consistency and rigor.
- In collaboration with program leadership, apply program learnings in pursuit of adaptive management.
- Ensure that monitoring systems meet the requirements of the donor and that performance results can be used for continuous improvement.
- Adapt existing AHNi monitoring tools, as well as propose new ways of measuring change using both quantitative and qualitative data collection tools, analysis of secondary data, and, where appropriate, remote monitoring techniques.
- Design the overall measurement system for the project to include outcome measures at the end of the project
- Support partners to develop strong M&E systems to track programming to share with AHNi and the donor.
- Providing training and mentoring to partners, to ensure the implementation of strong M&E systems.
- Development of the M&E Plan for the project, including decision on and definition of key indicators, targets, and systems for measurements.
- Collect, aggregate, analyze and present data about the project for learning and reporting to the donor.
- Coordinate internal and external reviews and lead the analysis of findings, with a strong emphasis on learning.
- Strengthen staff capacity in qualitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation tools through comprehensive staff training and coaching.
- Take the lead in aligning, collecting, and reporting on relevant program indicators to the organizational wide M&E system.
- Establish and manage a database to track progress towards meeting project goals and objectives
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
- Deep understanding of AHNi’s strategy and how efforts contribute to the greater good
- Consistently works within internal process and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills Proactive engagement in corporate initiatives
B. Project Management
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency in developing and managing a budget
C. Technical Skills
- Strong experience in HIV/AIDS program including Prevention, Treatment, Care & Support, PMTCT HIV/TB, OVCs programming with proven results
- Strong knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations
- High competence using DHIS, LAMIS, LIMS, EMR, NDR And other related applications.
D. People Management
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising staff, including providing honest feedback
- Ability to mentor others
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as MPH (Epidemiology), Statistics, Informatics, or any advanced degree in a related discipline.
- Knowledge of major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed methos and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- At least seven years of experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities for complex programs in developing countries, preferably in Nigeria
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of rigorous qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation studies to IRB standards
- A firm command of the M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality integrated service and support programs
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per the objectives of this project (e.g. service integration and performance against each result area)
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities and support project supervision
- Strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on activities and study results
- Experience of managing and evaluations of USAID or PEPFAR funded programs
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language
Method of application: Interested and Qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org
Vacancy closes: Friday 11th February 2022
Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview