Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI 360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST: The Communications Specialist will support the ‘Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria project (ACE – 1) project by managing all internal and external communications of the project and representing the project to external audiences. H/She should possess exceptional public speaking and writing skills. H/She is expected to be a strategic thinker with meticulous attention to detail, working well under pressure, and meeting deadlines. H/She should be able to write, compile publications, plan events and prepare advocacy briefs. H/She will be responsible for developing quality and visually appealing presentations, content management for AHNi website and Social Media channels, communication materials through graphic design and web optimization solutions. The successful candidate must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Support the development and implementation of internal and external communications strategies for the organization.
- Support maintenance of social media platforms, databases, and knowledge management systems
- Provide support towards content development for AHNi ACE – 1. Assist in the production of day-to-day content across all AHNi’s communications platforms, focusing on newsletter and digital content, website articles, blogs, press releases and updates and content for social media.
- In coordination with all AHNi projects, develop regular communication material highlighting ACE – 1 activities and achievements and/or engagements.
- Assist in rolling out media events such as press conferences/media briefings, external interviews with media houses, campaigns, etc.
- Draft, translate and disseminate media products (media advisories, press releases, brief notes, etc.).
- Development of communication materials for marketing and awareness-raising campaigns, including briefing materials and press releases in coordination with the ACE – 1 project management team and AHNi Senior leadership.
- Review of reference materials, identification of reference materials for retention. Maintenance of information database and photo library.
- Take part in communication activities including information campaigns where applicable (World AIDS Day, etc.)
- In collaboration with other Program team, assist in identifying and drafting success stories and compiling lessons learnt.
- Assist in implementing social media strategy and campaign, including content development, dialogue monitoring as well as feedback collection.
- Updating and maintaining online platforms, support design of content including graphic designs for digital distribution.
- Content development and design of high-quality Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials, factsheets, and other publications.
- Deliver creative infographics and technical solutions for print, electronic and animated presentations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience with strategic communication on HIV prevention, care and treatment.
- Brand management and ability to create new ideas, products, including creative contributions.
- Exceptional creative and adaptive writing skills that cuts across writing and review of program reports, success stories, advocacy briefs and preparation of scene setters.
- Design and graphics skill and ability to represent program results with graphics, messaging to diverse audiences, identification of the best suited communication channels based on target audience, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Ability to work in a team under tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Very good mastery of English. Ability to understand and communicate in Hausa, Kanuri and Fulfulde will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications related to the tasks.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience working with local NGOs, INGOs and government bodies would be an advantage.
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail.
Minimum Recruitment Standard:
- Minimum of BA/MA/MSc in Communications, or Business Computing, with Public Health Bias.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a similar role with a local or International Organization.
- Industry’s certification and membership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Method of application: Interested and Qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-HRJobs@ahnigeria.org
Vacancy closes: Wednesday January 31, 2024
Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview