- 23 Celina Ayom Cres, Jabi 900108, Abuja
- Email: AHNiOperations@ahnigeria.org
- 8:00am – 5:30pm Mon – Thus, 8:00am – 2:00pm Friday
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
Technical Officer-Database: Will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of data processing. S/he is responsible for the planning, maintenance and development of the project’s databases and Geographical information system (GIS). Other responsibilities include, the design
and creation of spatial products, including maps, digital data, reports and statistics. S/he will administer and maintain the project’s DBMS, monitor and optimize the DBMS and coordinate data management issues (e.g., deletion of records, query management, Internet reports) within the data users’ group. Run checks to ensure the security and confidentiality of the AHNI/Nigeria identifiable health data. Monitor research staff’s compliance with confidentiality policies to assure that security standards are met and advice on the acquisition of the appropriate Database Management Systems as needed.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
• MS/MA Geographic Information Systems, Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent, and 4 – 6 years post-national youth service relevant experience.
• BS/BA degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years post-national youth service relevant experience.
• Strong background in geospatial and health information systems (GIS) and/or database management is required.
Method of application: Interested and Qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org
Vacancy closes: Friday 25th November 2022
Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview
|Job Category||Fixed Term|