Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja Nigeria. To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country we are seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
Basic Function: The successful candidate will provide pharmaceutical care services and support medication adherence counseling services at One-Stop-Shop (OSS) for Key Populations (KPs) and their partners.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Dispense Antiretroviral drugs (ARVs) and other medication in line with approved regimens and standards.
- Dispense ARVs in appropriate packaging with clear instructions.
- Provide medication-related counseling, including reinforcing adherence and advising on potential side effects and drug interactions.
- Provide drug information to health service providers and clients on request.
- Identify and supporting follow-up of clients who do not return for refills of their ARVs.
- Work with providers and clients to identify, manage, and report adverse drug reactions and drug interactions.
- Contribute to decision making on treatment and care for individual clients.
- Monitor ARV and other drug (STIs, OIs, etc.) stock levels at the OSS and communicate with the project team for re-stocking
- Contribute to forecasting /quantification of health commodities and monitoring of drug distributions.
- Oversee drug logistics i.e., stock-taking, proper drug storage, drug stock out and monitor the effectiveness of the pull system.
- Assess the functionality of existing pharmaceutical management systems and develop implementation plans that prioritize and address gaps.
- Oversee quality assurance systems at the OSS by close monitoring of prescription patterns, ensuring proper documentation, side effects monitoring (pharmacovigilance) and reducing dispensing errors.
- Identify needs for information resources—for example, ART guidelines and drug information for medication counselling
- Implement monitoring and reporting of medication errors, suspected adverse reactions to medicines, and other medication-related events
- Monitoring ART prescriptions for appropriateness and discrepancies
- Monitoring adherence to ARVs; working with clients and other health service providers to address difficulties
- Address emerging problems as client numbers increase
- Contribute to the development of data collection tools for KPs (HTS, ART and Prevention for Positives)
- Monitor and report weekly enrolment
- Provide support to the Strategic Information (SI) unit to conduct research (qualitative and quantitative) surveys on service delivery outcomes for HIV prevention, care and treatment.
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports to the PR/SR on monthly and quarterly basis or as required.
- Maintenance of transaction records and inventory management tools as required to ensuring transparency in commodity management records.
- Ensure timely, accurate and timely reporting of logistics reports to facilitate stock replenishment and accountability
Minimum Recruitment standard:
Method of application: Interested and Qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNI-PSMJobs@ahnigeria.org
Vacancy closes: Friday 16th September 2022
Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview