Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
SENIOR PROGRAM ADVISOR: The SPA will provide support to and coordination in program planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of assigned project activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and support the program management team to develop annual project level costed work plans.
- Work with technical leads, consortium partners and Program Support to review, collate, synthesize and edit periodic donor reports for assigned projects and ensure timely submission.
- Ensure timely submission of periodic donor reports that meet donor standards (timeliness, accuracy and quality.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to USAID/Nigeria requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation.
- Ensure close monitoring of workplans and budgets during the course of implementation; Ensures appropriate program monitoring and accurate financial and programmatic reporting to the State and Head Office.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of sub grants to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals by monitoring and enforcing compliance with donor and AHNi’s policies by both SOs and Partners.
- Review SFRs and program reports from partners to monitor compliance with donor/prime award programmatic, contractual and financial regulations, requirements and restrictions.
- Work with Finance and Administration department and AHNi HO to process and ensure timely development and execution of annual amendments for consortium partners’ sub agreements.
- Maintain an effective system for collecting, organizing and storage of essential project documentation for compliance, effective project management and dissemination of best practices
- Work with other departments to ensure documentation and easy retrieval of all training and trip reports related to assigned projects
- Work with Program Support to periodically evaluate implementation of approved annual work plans and budgets at Project level
- Assist in strengthening systems of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- 6Assist in identifying, analyzing and disseminating best practices in the project through the identification of project learning sites and technical support to the state government.
- Remain informed on the current programs in the HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria fields by review of current literature and is alert to any implication of such strategic information for project activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Considerable experience in designing and implementing of public health/international development programs funded by US government or other international donors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID, Global Fund) as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Proven ability to coordinate a multisectoral development project.
- Excellent community mobilization, advocacy and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
- Minimum Recruitment Standards
- BS/BA in public health, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 9 – 11 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
- Or MS/MA degree in public health, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 7 – 9 years relevant experience with international development programs.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Method of application: Interested and qualified Candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-ProgMgtJobs@ahnigeria.org
Vacancy closes: Friday 10th June 2022
Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview