Required service: Consultancy to support and implement high-quality comprehensive HIV/AIDS programs
Location: All LGAs of Anambra, Nigeria (21 positions)
Start date: October 17th, 2022.
Activity Period: October 17th – March 31st, 2023, Duration: 6 months
The Global Fund-supported National Aligned HIV/AIDs Initiative (NAHI) is a grant that complements the efforts of Government of Nigeria, the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and other partners to ensure that Nigeria pushes towards epidemic control by attaining the 90-90-90 UNAIDs previous target and move to the new UNAIDs goal of 95-95- 95 by 2030.
To attain this feat AHNI requires consultants to provide technical and clinical support and provision in areas relating to clinical management of HIV/AIDS in all LGAs in Anambra state. The consultants will be domiciled within the LGAs and will be required to provide daily reports to line managers.
Description/Purpose of the consultancy
The consultant will provide technical and programmatic support for high-quality program implementation in the areas of ART, PMTCT, HIV/TB and HIV clinical care services in line with national guidelines and international best practices, and work towards target achievement by supported sites and for program sustainability.
Objectives of the consultancy:
- The objective of this consultancy is therefore to provide technical and field-level support to implement high-quality comprehensive HIV/AIDS programs (ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV, RH/HIV, and HTS) and other services including direct service provision and support for community-level services based on the ongoing HIV and Tb surge in Anambra state.
Consultancy Overview and Role
- Provide technical and field-level support to implement high-quality comprehensive HIV/AIDS programs (ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV, RH/HIV, and HTS) and other services including direct service provision of support for community-level services based on the ongoing HIV and Tb surge in Anambra state.
- Support, scale up and coordinate community-level implementation of integrated HIV and TB surge strategies aimed at maximizing HIV case finding efficiencies based on the 95:95:95 strategies.
- Support optimal linkage and enrolment rates for identified HIV-positive adult, adolescent and pediatric clients at the community level based on the 95:95:95 strategies.
- Support the community level implementation of test and start strategy including same day ART enrolment for identified HIV-positive adults, adolescent and pediatric patients based on the 95:95:95 strategies
- Support the community-level implementation of strategies aimed at optimizing retention in ART care and enhancing virological suppression for adult, adolescent and pediatric patients enrolled in GF-NAHI supported treatment locations based on the 95:95:95 strategies.
- Coordinate and provide strategic direction to the community outreach teams and PMTCT testers daily.
- Ensure implementation and drive towards devolvement to community DSD/DDD structures to facilitate client-centric approaches towards optimal retention.
Based on the activities listed above, the Consultants are expected to accomplish the following:
- Provide day-to-day technical and programmatic support to the surge in Anambra in areas related to Clinical Management of HIV/ AIDS, PMTCT, TB, HIVST, Harm reduction, and AGYW.
- Conduct activities in line with the terms of this consultancy
- Submit a monthly report of the consultancy assignment to AHNI.
- A medical degree (MBBS, B. Pharm, B.Sc. Nursing); with 1 to 3 post NYSC experience.
- Possession of an MPH or postgraduate degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in HIV prevention, treatment, and care programs.
- Good knowledge of management of infectious diseases, especially HIV/AIDS and TB
- Good working knowledge of current National and WHO HIV/AIDS guidelines for prevention, treatment, care & support of adults and children.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to adapt designs according to feedback quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work independently and remotely, meeting tight deadlines as required
- Demonstrated analytical, time management and client orientation skills
- Attention to detail
Method of Application
- Interested and Qualified candidates should send in their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae as one MS Word document to AHNi email GF_Advert@ahnigeria.org
- The Name of applicant, position applied for and location must be clearly captured on the subject of the mail.
Deadline for submission of application is 14th Oct 2022.