- 23 Celina Ayom Cres, Jabi 900108, Abuja
- Email: AHNiOperations@ahnigeria.org
- 8:00am – 5:30pm Mon – Thus, 8:00am – 2:00pm Friday
Grant to Implement HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Activities for Adolescent Girls and Young Women, AGYW in Anambra State of Nigeria
• AHNi will accept requests for clarification submitted by email at the following
• Questions must be received by 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Thursday,
January 27th, 2023
• Responses to questions will be shared by January 31st, 2023
National Aligned HIV/AIDS Initiative (NAHI) is a three-year, FHI360 project Funded by the Global Fund, GF, with a period of performance from January 2021 to December,2023. NAHI Project is led by FHI 360 with 4 sub-recipients: Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNI), Society for Family Health (SFH), Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) and Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS Nigeria, (NEPHWAN).
Through the NAHI project, GF has committed funding to support Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) HIV prevention and expand programming for this vulnerable population in three States (Abia, Anambra, and Taraba) in Nigeria. The goal of NAHI Key and vulnerable program is to promote the acceleration of high-quality HIV prevention, care, treatment, and support services for these critical drivers of the HIV infection in Nigeria.
The Project works with local, trusted, and competent community-based organizations (CBOs) to contribute to FHI360’s scale-up of differentiated HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment services. The funding will scale up innovative, evidence-based strategies to achieve epidemic control for AGYW while supporting greater involvement of AGYW-led and AGYW-focused local organizations at the community and national level. FHI360 will work closely with Global Fund, Country Coordinating Mechanism, (CCM), National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA,) Sub-recipients and AGYW-focused local organizations to introduce new strategies that address barriers for AGYW accessing these services.
This announcement is a call for expressions of interest (EOI) for Nigerian Community based organizations (CBOs) to join the NAHI project in providing tailored HIV prevention services and programming for AGYW for up to an eleven-month period beginning February 2022. Through this competitive process, FHI360/AHNI intends to select and provide funding and technical assistance to Nigerian Community Based Organizations which meets the required qualifications.
Goal and Objectives
The objectives of engaging the Community based Organizations are:
Identify and recruit competent key staff for the implementation of the program deliverables (Program Officer, Finance Officer, and M&E officer).
Work with Key ad hoc Staff: AGYW Champions as Counselor, Testers, Peer Educators, social media advocates and Case Managers for provision of HIV Testing and prevention Services for in- and out of school outreaches including use of virtual and social media platforms.
Community Systems strengthening and Monitoring.
Anticipated Period of Performance
The anticipated period of performance for NAHI grant is from February 1, 2023, to December 31, 2023.
IV. Eligibility Criteria & Selection
To respond to this EOI, an AGYW organization must meet all the following minimum eligibility criteria:
Any organization that does not meet these minimum eligibility criteria will not be considered.
Applications will undergo a preliminary review for completeness and responsiveness. Incomplete applications, applications judged to be unresponsive to the EOI, and applications submitted after the due date and time will be considered ineligible and will NOT be considered for an award.
Note: Interested AGYW NGOs may express their interest as a single NGO or as a “consortium.” Consortiums should select partners to complement the organizational strengths in providing a comprehensive cascade of HIV services to AGYW in Anambra. Consortiums are when NGOs and/or community-based organizations (CBOs) team up with other organizations based on their areas of collective strength. If other NGOs are being brought into the consortium, then the strengths of each consortium member need to be detailed in the application. The lead for the consortium should be the lead applicant and as such will assume the overall financial and technical responsibility for any funds received as well as all risk for the funds that are sub-granted to other NGOs in the consortium.
V. Application Instructions
Applications should be no longer than 7 pages, excluding the budget and appendices, and include the following information:
A. Organizational Background (2 pages maximum)
The applicant should briefly detail the following information in the organizational background section. This information can be presented in a table format if needed.
If applying as a consortium, this information should be provided for the lead applicant/lead consortium member (clearly indicated) as well as each additional member organization in the consortium.
Technical Proposal (5 pages maximum)
Applicants should detail the following in the technical proposal:
In this section applicants should describe in further detail the specific activities which they will conduct and the proposed approaches to ensure their success for the period of February 1st , 2023 to December 31st , 2023. Please take note of the following when developing this section:
Applicants should include the following in this section:
Applicants should include the following in this section:
Applicants should prepare and submit a proposed budget in accordance with their proposed interventions for the period of February 1st, 2023 to December 31st, 2023.
Annexes (no page limit)
The following annexes should be submitted with the application:
1. CVs for senior staff who will work on the project.
2. Certificate of Registration or Incorporation Papers
3. Audited Financial Statements, if available (if no recent audit has been conducted, a revenue and expense statement and balance sheet for previous financial year must be attached)
VII. Application Submission Process and Timeline
Questions on this Call for EOIs may be submitted to email@example.com by 5 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) by January 27, 2023. AHNI will respond by January 31, 2023.
Completed application packages are due to AHNi by 5:00 pm EST on February 3, 2023., 2023. Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Microsoft Word, Excel (for the budget) and Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files are all acceptable. Please do not include attachments over 15 MB.
In the subject line of the email, please indicate AHNi EOI – [insert name of your organization or consortium]”. Only one application may be submitted per organization or consortium.
Following the EOI review process AHNi may contact applicants with questions to clarify aspects of their applications.
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST NOT AN OFFER
This call for EOI represents only a definition of requirements. It is merely an invitation for submission of applications and does not legally obligate AHNi to accept any of the submitted applications in whole or in part, nor is AHNi obligated to select the lowest priced application. AHNi has no contractual obligations with any applicants based upon issuance of this call for EOI. It is not an offer to contract. Only the execution of a written award shall obligate AHNi, in accordance with the terms and conditions contained in such award.
DISCUSSIONS AND AWARD
AHNi reserves the right to seek clarifications, enter discussions or negotiations, or to make award on initial submissions without discussions or negotiations of any kind. AHNi reserves the right to exclude any applicant from further consideration at any time, including after discussions or negotiations have been entered.
FALSE STATEMENTS IN OFFER
Applicants must provide full, accurate and complete information as required by this call for EOI and its attachments. At any time that AHNi determines that an applicant has provided false statements in the EOI, AHNi may reject the EOI without further consideration. The English language version of this call for EOI and any resulting award shall govern, and all notices pursuant to the provisions of this call for EOI and any resulting award shall be in English.
AHNi may contact applicants to confirm contact person, address, bid amount and to confirm that the bid was submitted for this call for EOI.
• All call for EOI responses become the property of AHNi reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any offer based on applicant failure to follow solicitation instructions
• AHNi reserves the right to waive any deviations by applicants from the requirements of this call for EOI that in AHNi opinion are considered not to be material defects requiring rejection or disqualification; or where such a waiver will promote increased competition
• Extend the time for submission of all call for EOI responses after notification to all applicants
• Terminate or modify the call for EOI process at any time and re-issue the call for EOI to whomever AHNi deems appropriate
• AHNi reserves the right to issue an award based on the initial evaluation of offers without discussion
• Award only part of the activities in the call for EOI or issue multiple awards based on call for EOI activities.
• AHNi reserves the right to request audited financial statements from the selected applicant(s).
• At the conclusion of the evaluation process, any selected organization will be required to complete a Financial Pre-Award Assessment in order for AHNi to ascertain that the organization has the capacity to perform successfully under the terms and conditions of the proposed grant. As part of the Pre-Award Assessment process the firm will also be requested to submit their incorporated papers, certificate of registration and/or Tax ID number (TIN), audit reports and/or financial statements. Applicants may be asked to submit additional documentation to illustrate that the organization has the financial capacity to implement the grant. Site visits may be conducted by AHNi staff to evaluate the organization in these areas.
CERTIFICATION OF INDEPENDENT PRICE DETERMINATION
(a) The applicant certifies that–
1) The prices in this EOI have been arrived at independently, without, for the purpose of restricting competition, any consultation, communication, or agreement with any other applicant, including but not limited to subsidiaries or other entities in which applicant has any ownership or other interests, or any competitor relating to (i) those prices, (ii) the intention to submit an offer, or (iii) the methods or factors used to calculate the prices offered; 2) The prices in this application have not been and will not be knowingly disclosed by the applicant, directly or indirectly, to any other applicant, including but not limited to subsidiaries or other entities in which applicant has any ownership or other interests, or any competitor before bid opening (in the case of a sealed bid solicitation) or contract award (in the case of a negotiated or competitive call for EOI) unless otherwise required by law; and
3) No attempt has been made or will be made by the applicant to induce any other concern or individual to submit or not to apply for the purpose of restricting competition or influencing the competitive environment.
(b) Each signature on the application (if any) is a certification by the signatory that the signatory–
1) Is the person in the applicant’s organization responsible for determining the prices being offered in this application, and that the signatory has not participated and will not participate in any action contrary to subparagraphs (a)(1) through (a)(3) above; or
2) Has been authorized, in writing, to act as agent for the principals of the applicant in certifying that those principals have not participated and will not participate in any action contrary to subparagraphs (a)(1) through (a)(3) above.
3) As an authorized agent, does certify that the principals of the applicant have not participated, and will not participate, in any action contrary to subparagraphs (a)(1) through (a)(3) above.
4) As an agent, has not personally participated, and will not participate, in any action contrary to subparagraphs (a)(1) through (a)(3) above.
(c) Applicant understands and agrees that:
1) violation of this certification will result in immediate disqualification from this call for EOI without recourse and may result in disqualification from future solicitations; and
2) discovery of any violation after award to the applicant will result in the termination of the award for default.
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FIRM GUARANTEE
All information submitted in connection with this call for EOI will be valid for three (3) months from the call for EOI due date. This includes, but is not limited to, cost, pricing, terms and conditions, service levels, and all other information. If your firm is awarded a grant, all information in the call for EOI and negotiation process is contractually binding.
WITHDRAWALS OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTERESTS
Applicants may withdraw EOIs by written notice via email received at any time before award. EOIs may be withdrawn in person by an applicant or his/her authorized representative if the representative’s identity is made known and the representative signs a receipt for the proposal before award.