Required services: Consultancy services to support the Global Fund NAHI project
Locations: Abuja (with travels)
Duration: 60 Days with Possibility of extension
No of Consultants: 3
Commencement Date: 10th July, 2023
Supervisor: Team Lead – Prevention, Care and Treatment
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. It was established as indigenous organizational, registered in 2009 with its headquarter in Abuja, and presence in the four geopolitical regions of Nigeria. It aims to provide technical assistance to the government and people of Nigeria in the implementation of public health and development programs. AHNi implements projects in HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, health systems strengthening, sexual and reproductive health/family planning and humanitarian projects for internally displaced persons (IDPs) and refugees in protection, health, and nutrition. AHNi also offers technical assistance and service delivery in integrated maternal, neonatal and child health (IMNCH), monitoring and evaluation (M&E), laboratory support, behavior change communication (BCC), policy and legislation, gender/key populations, public-private partnership (PPP), and grants management.
The Global Fund National Aligned HIV/AIDs Initiative (NAHI) is a three-year grant that complements the efforts of Government of Nigeria, the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and other partners to ensure that Nigeria pushes towards epidemic control by attaining the 95-95-95 UNAIDs previous target and move to the new UNAIDs goal of 95-95- 95 by 2030.
Hence, the consultants will support the implementation of NAHI implementation in Abuja with visits to supported states in the areas of Harm reduction, PrEP and PMTCT
The services of the Consultant working with the HQ PCT team will include the following:
- Provide day-to-day technical and programmatic support to the NAHI grant’s sub-recipients related to Clinical Management of HIV/ AIDS, PMTCT, TB, HIVST, Harm reduction, and AGYW.
- With the technical team in the prevention, care, and treatment department, coordinate the implementation of components related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT), RH/FP, TB at the country office and state level.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management capacity building, using the Total Quality Leadership and Accountability (TQLA) approach
- Support writing and editing of technical reports, documents, and other knowledge management products. S/He will also assist with publications, research data collection and processing, and presentations.
- Support the development of program-related research including the preparation of papers, on related subjects and making recommendations to the PR team.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from program implementation and projects related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, RH/FP, TB, and integrated medical services and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new interventions.
- Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of the department’s program strategies, sub-project documents, work plans, and budgets.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS and related developments by reviewing current literature and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation especially the Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, TB and integrated medical services at the facility level.
- Support generation, collation, and processing of travel documents for weekly PCT activities that require travel of GoN stakeholders from NASCP, NACA, and FMoH.
- The consultant will support the technical staff in ensuring basic documentation during training and meetings. This includes attendance during meetings, as well as other non-technical tasks.
- Support the printing and availability of PCT-led training materials and attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Public health or other relevant degree with 2 to 3 years post NYSC experience in HIV programs.
- Possession of a post graduate degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- Proven experience in facilitating technical trainings is required.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility, and ability to work in a fast changing and challenging environment.
- The Consult will report to the Team Lead – Prevention, Care and Treatment
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified candidates should send in their Curriculum Vitae to AHNi website email@example.com.
Deadline for submission of application is 7th July, 2023.
- Only Applications submitted electronically, with subject bearing the position of interest will be treated.
- Suitability statement and CV must be in one MS Word.