Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education, and economic initiatives in Nigeria. In anticipation of a USAID award to drive the “Accelerating Control of HIV/AIDS Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE)” for the BAY states (Borno/Adamawa/Yobe) and strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
- Senior Technical Advisor-PCT: The Senior Technical Advisor-PCT provides technical leadership and support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, Reproductive Health/Family Planning strategies and approaches at the facility level. S/He equally coordinates the design and implementation of HIV clinical care/ART, PMTCT, reproductive health/family planning strategies in field-level projects and programs. S/He will meaningfully contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, RH/FP and apply these lessons to modify existing and improve the design of new programs, will equally provide information on current programs in the field of clinical management of HIV/AIDS and related development field by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities and provide technical assistance in non-ART clinical care including the management of opportunistic infections (OI) and Palliative care capacity building to field programs.
- Minimum Recruitment Standard:
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in care and treatment for HIV/AIDS especially with ARV program
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections
- Robust knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable
Method of application: Interested and qualified Candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-ProgMgtJobs@ahnigeria.org
Please note importantly that: The positions are advertised in anticipation of a possible award.
Vacancy closes Friday 17th September 2021
Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview
|Job Category||Fixed Term|