Senior Compliance Officer the position holder ensures compliance with AHNi and funder policies, procedures, the
management and reduction of general risk to the organization. S/he will carry out independent appraisals of the
effectiveness of policies, procedures and standards by which AHNi’s financial resources are managed. S/he will review and
evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting, compliance with applicable laws
and the safeguard of assets. S/he will plan, perform and report back on internal audits to ensure that financial control,
financial guidelines of funder organizations and other control procedures in purchasing, procurement and contracting are
in place and are being properly implemented and managed within AHNi offices.
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
• BSc in accounting or finance with 4-9 years relevant experience with international development programs that
includes 3-5years of supervisory experience in internal control function
• MS/MA in accounting or finance or related field with 3-5 years relevant experience with international
development programs and includes 2-3 years of supervisory experience in internal control function
• Experience in accounting and accounting principles sufficient to prepare complex and detailed financial and
• Experience in financial reporting, and financial management systems applications
• Familiarity with USAID or similar donor-funded programs is required
• CPA. ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional qualification is required
• Overseas internal control experience is an advantage
Method of application: Please forward suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document
from the date of publication as detailed below:
Vacancy closes Wednesday December 02, 2020. AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be
considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This advert will be closed on Wednesday December 02, 2020.
|Job Category||Fixed Term|