Basic Function: The main responsibility will be to provide Laboratory services to members of the Key populations and their partners at One-Stop-Shop (OSS).
Specific Deliverables are:
Area 1: Provide laboratory and point-of-care diagnostic services in support of HTS and ART for Key Populations.
- Performing laboratory tests to produce reliable and precise data to support provision of the continuum of HIV treatment services.
- Preparing Dried Tube Specimen (DTS) panels for IQC and EQA (Proficiency testing) to support HTS on the project.
- Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses.
- Preparing specimens and samples
- Maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment
- Maintaining personal expertise in clinical laboratory practice and innovative technology and equipment
- Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked with relevant consumables.
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks within and around the laboratory
Area 2: Oversight and Supervision of Laboratory Services
- Working with the project team to develop and implement quality assurance systems to improve the quality of diagnostics and facilitate treatment and monitoring of HIV.
- Supporting the development of project work plans and budgets to incorporate the procurement of equipment and supplies for laboratory services.
- Supporting the use of emerging and appropriate technology for cost-effective service delivery
- Supporting the design and implementation of innovative strategies for delivering needs-based training and mentoring for clinic staff in relevant areas
- Supporting implementation and monitoring of biosafety and biosecurity in clinical service delivery, including the development of SOPs, guidelines and job aids
Area 3: Data Management and Reporting
- Produce computerized records to interpret and archive laboratory results to be presented to clinic staff and project team for informed decision making.
- Provide support to the Strategic Information (SI) unit to support research (qualitative and quantitative) surveys on service delivery outcomes for HIV prevention, care and treatment.
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports to the PR/SR on monthly and quarterly basis or as required.
Area 4: Other assignments
Proactively seek out and report relevant opportunities, success stories, linkages or challenges that may promote laboratory services for the project.
- Participate in Laboratory Technical Working Groups and represent the project at relevant fora.
- Carry out any assignment as may be decided by the Clinical Supervisor, PR/SR
- AMLSC with at least 5 years of progressive experience with a GF or PEPFAR supported laboratories.
Method of Application- Interested and Qualified institutions should send in their Resume to email@example.com
Duration of Consultancy – 30 working day ( January 18th, 2021 – February 28th, 2021 )
Deadline for submission of application is January 12th, 2021.
Members of Key populations are strongly advised to apply.