Basic Function: The clinical officer will provide leadership and technical support, general care, treatment and support to the Key populations (MSM, FSW and PWID).
Specific Deliverables are:
- Provide technical leadership and technical support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS and Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to Key populations (MSM, FSW and PWID).
- Provide ART services to Key Populations in line with current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations and national guidelines both at the OSS and through mobile ART sites.
- Oversee clinical HIV treatment protocols in each clinical department to reflect the needs of the Keys populations and ensure consistency of treatment services throughout the OSS.
- Ensure a seamless delivery of service for clients from intake through discharge at the OSS.
- Review and assess client treatment protocols and plans, including short- and long-term goals.
- Review clinical records to evaluate the necessary level of client care.
- Develop concept papers and research papers to improve and or extend existing studies in the management of HIV/AIDS activities.
Area 2: Supervision of Clinical Services including mobile ART.
- Effectively manage and supervise other health service providers, volunteers and case managers at the OSS as well as mobile ART teams.
- Advise project team on national and state policies, procedures and licensing requirements and ensure compliance with all requirements and/or mandatory inspections.
- Prepare formal evaluation of employee performance as scheduled and required.
- Supervise weekly/monthly clinical staff meetings.
- Identify and advise project management on training needs of all clinical staff to ensure a high degree of HIV treatment and care knowledge throughout the OSS.
- Work with clinical and support staff to maintain a high degree of professionalism and excellent customer service. • Integrate OSS and mobile ART services with other project activities to enhance the achievement of project outcomes.
Area 3: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide support to the Strategic Information (SI) unit to manage data collection for service delivery to Key Populations in project communities using nationally approved tools.
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports to the FHI360 State office and Headquarters on monthly and quarterly basis or as required.
- Support for data analysis, interpretation and use at the OSS. Use of data at facility level for decision making towards improve service delivery at the OSS.
Area 4: Finance /Admin
- Support the development of budgets and work plans for clinical services in the OSS.
- Provide support for prompt retirement of cash expenditure and advances.
Area 5: Other assignments
- Proactively seek out and report relevant opportunities, success stories, linkages or challenges that may promote clinical services for the project.
- Carry out any assignment as may be decided by FHI360 and the supporting SR.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including provision of ART.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding Key Populations.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among OSS staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to represent AHNI to donors, government officials and the NGO community in the State.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Proven ability in supervising staff
- Well-developed computer skills
- MB.BS or similar degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience with at least 3 years of progressive experience working in Key populations program in Nigeria.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in care and treatment for HIV/AIDS especially with HIV program
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Method of Application– Interested and Qualified institutions should send in their Resume to email@example.com
Duration of Consultancy – 30 Working days ( January 18th 2021 – February 28th 2021 )
Deadline for submission of application is January 12th, 2021.
Members of Key populations are strongly advised to apply.