Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative, a sub recipient to FHI360 is Implementing the Global Fund National Aligned HIV/AIDS Intervention Grant in Taraba state among Key Populations. AHNi through the OSS provides comprehensive KP services to Clients at the OSS. In the light of the above, the organization seeks to engage the services of the under listed consultant for the provision of comprehensive services to attain the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals on the grant.
Job Title: Clinical Officer
Location: OSS Jalingo Taraba State
Job Description/Specific Deliverables:
Area 1: Technical Leadership
- Provide technical leadership and technical support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS and Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to Key populations (MSM, FSW and PWID).
- Provide ART services to Key Populations in line with current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations and national guidelines both at the OSS and through mobile ART sites.
- Oversee clinical HIV treatment protocols in each clinical department to reflect the needs of the Keys populations and ensure consistency of treatment services throughout the OSS.
- Ensure a seamless delivery of service for clients from intake through discharge at the OSS.
- Review and assess client treatment protocols and plans, including short- and long-term goals.
- Review clinical records to evaluate the necessary level of client care
- Develop concept papers and research papers to improve and or extend existing studies in the management of HIV/AIDS activities.
Area 2: Supervision of Clinical Services including mobile ART
- Effectively manage and supervise other health service providers, volunteers, and case managers at the OSS as well as mobile ART teams.
- Advise project team on national and state policies, procedures and licensing requirements and ensure compliance with all requirements and/or mandatory inspections.
- Prepare formal evaluation of employee performance as scheduled and required.
- Supervise weekly/monthly clinical staff meetings.
- Identify and advise project management on training needs of all clinical staff to ensure a high degree of HIV treatment and care knowledge throughout the OSS.
- Work with clinical and support staff to maintain a high degree of professionalism and excellent customer service.
- Integrate OSS and mobile ART services with other project activities to enhance the achievement of project outcomes.
Area 3: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide support to the Strategic Information (SI) unit to manage data collection for service delivery to Key Populations in project communities using nationally approved tools.
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports to the FHI360 State office and Headquarters on monthly and quarterly basis or as required.
- Support for data analysis, interpretation and use at the OSS. Use of data at facility level for decision making towards improve service delivery at the OSS.
Area 4: Finance /Admin
- Support the development of budgets and work plans for clinical services in the OSS.
- Provide support for prompt retirement of cash expenditure and advances.
Area 5: Other assignments
- Proactively seek out and report relevant opportunities, success stories, linkages or challenges that may promote clinical services for the project.
- Carry out any assignment as may be decided by FHI360 and the supporting SR.
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
- University Degree in Medicine (MBBS), Clinical Management Training and other relevant Trainings in HIV comprehensive Care and Treatment with at least 3 years progressive experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in care and treatment for HIV/AIDS especially with ARV program
- Proven experience in HIV Counselling and Testing, planning and facilitating technical training
- Familiarity with HIV Data capturing tools.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance
- Ability to represent AHNi to KP community serviced.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver on task with minimal supervision
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills
- Must be an indigene of the state and should be able to communicate effectively in the local language.
Method of application:
Interested and qualified Candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MSWord document to: GF_Advert@ahnigeria.org
Vacancy closes: 29th October 2021
Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.